The doctoral programme in medicine includes PhD training at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona in the fields of clinical and biomedical research, adapted to the framework of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) (RD 1393/2007). This programme results from combining most of the research groups from the departments of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS (August Pi i Sunyer Biomedical Research Institute), IDIBELL (Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute) and CRESIB (Centre for International Health Research of Barcelona).
The programme takes place in an international environment and involves extensive collaboration among the research teams involved in the programme, through which students have the opportunity to be placed in prestigious foreign laboratories where they can learn new methodologies.
It consists of a training period and a research period:
- Training: reinforcement of research methodology skills, with the doctoral student submitting a thesis project.
- Research: conducting research leading to the PhD thesis.
The admission requirements for the new programme are:
- Bachelor's degree, diploma or equivalent qualification and having passed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits, 60 of which should correspond to Master's level.
- Graduates who are doing their IMR, IPHR, IPSR or ISR residency (from the third year of specialty training) and those who have completed their specialty can be admitted directly without having previously pursued a Master's degree.
- Research Aptitude (DEA – Diploma of Advanced Studies), obtained by completing the PhD programmes under RD 778/1998 and RD 185/1985.
The enrollment period for the "Medicine" Doctoral programme and the Master's degrees is currently open. For more information, visit the website of the Doctoral programme in Medicine of the University of Barcelona.